Sleepless Media is looking for a passionate, experienced visual/graphic/UI designer to join our team.
Please note: This is an in-house design position, we are not looking for a developer.
About the Position:
One of our designers will be on leave for several months. Initially, we’re looking for someone to fill that role on a contract basis for a period of 3-4 months, 30-40hrs/week. Once the contract period is up, we would ideally like to look at converting the position to a full-time employee role, assuming workload permits.
As one of our designers, you will be involved in every project from start to finish, and will work closely with our creative director, project manager and/or lead designer. You’ll collaborate with our team and our clients throughout the planning, research and brainstorm process, so you’re fully immersed when you begin to conceptualize, sketch and wireframe. You’ll turn wireframes into pixel-perfect mock-ups of beautifully designed websites and/or applications. By working closely with our in-house development team, you’ll have the opportunity to make sure your designs are executed as intended.
The Ideal Candidate will have the Following Qualifications:
– You are a designer, first and foremost. (Graphics, Visual, UI, Web)
– Expert in Adobe CC, specifically Photoshop, Fireworks and Illustrator.
– You have proven experience with desktop/mobile/tablet visual design, and excellent samples to show your capabilities in this area.
– A firm understanding of user experience / interaction design
– You can work iteratively developing user flows, wireframes and prototypes to help define the experience with your team.
– You can translate those user flows, wireframes and prototypes into beautiful visual designs and user interfaces.
– You are confident presenting your work to the team and the client, and can clearly communicate and defend your design decisions.
– Strong understanding of designing for dynamic content and content management systems.
– You place an emphasis on detail, organization and consistency.
– You can independently completely projects without direction, and work efficiently to stay within budgets.
– You are up to date on the latest trends, methods, and tools in web design and regularly consume blogs, books and articles related to your expertise.
– You are excited to collaborate and experiment with new ideas and approaches to unique challenges.
– You are always looking to take the next project to the next level.
– Excellent communication and typing skills.
– Experience with Sketch.app
– Experience working in a design studio or design department of a company.
– Iconography, Logo Design, Print Design and Branding Design skills.
– Knowledge on e-commerce (i.e. Shopify), internet marketing, strategy and SEO.
– You’re a fan of good coffee, good food and working with small businesses that are striving to do something great.
– Appreciation for working in the Santa Cruz area, in a great space with an awesome team.
– Work in Downtown Santa Cruz, within walking distance to food, shopping and the beach.
– Competitive pay (d.o.e.)
– Health & Dental insurance benefits for full-time employees.
– 30-40 hours per week, and get off early on Fridays, which are also referred to as “Beer Fridays.”
– Some of the best coffee in town and other tasty beverages.
– Generous time off and flexibility, including all major holidays.
To apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
– Cover Letter
– Links to samples of your work, including web site addresses and your exact contribution and role in them.
– Your current pay expectations
– Your salary history
– At least 4 references
– When you would be able to start
– Amount of hours per week you would be available
*Inquiries not including all of the above will not be considered. This is for a local, in-house design position only. No telecommuting. No outsourcing. It will start as a contract, and may turn into a full-time employee position for the right candidate.